We spent a few days at this relaxing hotel in the Yunguilla Valley, called El Jardin del Valle. We were the only visitors during the middle of the week! We’re told that on the weekend, it’s a bit more crowded. Since it’s a few thousand feet lower than Cuenca, the weather was much warmer…sunbathing weather! Never even left the place to traipse around, we were quite happy here. Wonderful breakfast with fresh fruit, and the lunch/dinner menu includes ceviche, hamburguesas and lots of options. Ice cream poolside as the sun went down. The setting sun making the mountains red across the valley — priceless.
- Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig.
- It’s been awhile….
- Rain, Rain, everywhere
- Well, finally. All settled in. For now.
- Happy New Year!
- 2013 in review
- Shipping Crate Has Arrived!
- I’m off with the dogs…
- Back home from Peru…Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu – what a trip!
- Registering for IESS health insurance & filing a claim for our limited insurance